First of all, a big thank you to all Cube World fans. It's so great to see all the Cube World videos and screenshots from other players all around the web!
We will improve our shop interface soon - in the meantime Cube World is available for purchase here: picroma.com/buycubeworld
I just wanted to give you a brief overview of what we'll be doing next:
- Fixing bugs: We have already gathered a big list of bugs and glitches reported by players.
- Compatibility: Some players have DirectX initialization problems on their PCs. We will try to find out the reasons and solve these issues.
- Performance: We will work on performance optimizations, both for client and server.
- Remappable controls: We will make all controls configurable.
- Scalable GUI: We will make the GUI scalable, so it works well with lower resolutions, too.
- Multiplayer server configuration: We will add more server configurations options, such as a configurable port.
- New content: We already have a few things in the making, such as new creatures.
- Changes to the website: We'll restructure the site a little and add a new forum and probably a bugtracking system (if anyone can recommend a good bugtracker, please let me know).
Our server is getting attacked by denial-of-service (DoS) attacks on a regular basis. The attacks usually occur in the evening and at night (European time).
Because of that we have to disable user registrations and the shop from time to time, and you will get the message about 'Server Maintenance'.
We will try to find a solution as soon as possible.
Please note that Intel Graphics Cards are currently not supported.
Our new download system is working smoothly at the moment, you can access the store here:
Q: Where can I download my game?
A: You can download it in your My Games section. If it doesn't show up immediately after buying please wait a while and refresh.
Q: I can't login in with the launcher.
A: Make sure your Picroma account emails and password don't have a '+' (you change them in your picroma account settings). We're currently working on a solution for this.
Q: The game isn't working anymore. It exits on the starting screen.
A: Please delete cursor.plx and restart the launcher.
Q: I can't reset the resolution.
A: Stop the game, delete options.cfg and restart the game. This will reset the resolution.
Q: What's the server port for multiplayer?
A: Currently it's set 12345 and can't be changed yet.
Q: The game is slow on my computer/there is so much blue fog in the game.
- Some computers have an Intel/on-board video card and a dedicated video card. To make sure your computer can run Cube World smoothly, right-click the Demo/Game and hover over "Run with graphics processor" if it is there to make sure you run it off a dedicated GPU if you have one.
- Try fullscreen mode, disable antialiasing and lower render distance in the options menu.
Q: I get the error: Could not initialize XAudio2.
A: Try to run the game as administrator.
Tip: You can show the controls with F1
Due to server issues we had to temporarily disable the shop.
The shop will remain closed until all issues are resolved.
In the meanwhile you can download and run our Cube World Mini Demo to test if Cube World will run on your system.
It's basically just a starting screen with a rotating landscape in the background. If it runs smoothly and you can see the logo and the text below it, your PC is ready for Cube World.
On many PCs where the demo doesn't start, it helps to install the latest DirectX End-User Runtime: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
Some computers have an Intel/on-board video card and a dedicated video card. To make sure your computer can run Cube World smoothly, right-click the Demo/Game and hover over "Run with graphics processor" if it is there to make sure you run it off a dedicated GPU if you have one.
If the Demo is not running, the full Cube World version won't run on your PC..
- Especially laptops with integrated Intel graphics chips are not well supported.
- On some computers the text is not visible.
- On some computers there are issues with low resolutions.
If you have trouble with the demo, please wait with buying Cube World until we have found a solution or you have found another PC on which it's running.
We're currently fixing our download/update system. We don't have an ETA for it yet. Thanks for your understanding, we're doing our best.